This meal was one of the first things I learned to cook on my own way back in college. Over the years I’ve perfected it and Paleo-ized it (see: coconut aminos), and am really happy with how it has turned out.
If you’re a fan of spicy food, you’re going to want to give this a try.
(Side note and fun fact: I really, really love spicy food, but it makes me sweat something fierce. It’s so bad that for the first few months of dating my wife, I refused to eat any spicy foods because I didn’t want to look like I was in the middle of an intense workout while simultaneously eating a meal.)
Paleo Jerk Chicken and Cauliflower Rice
- 1 lb of Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 6 TBS Orange Juice
- 4 TBS Lemon Juice
- 4 TBS Olive Oil
- 4 TBS Coconut Aminos
- 3 tsp All-Spice
- 3 tsp Dried Thyme
- 2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp Black Pepper
- 2 tsp Dried Sage
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 Onion
- 2 Jalapenos
- Garlic, minced
- 1 large Head of Cauliflower
Instructions (Jerk Chicken)
- The night before cooking, cut up chicken breasts into medium-sized cubes, chop up onion and jalapenos, and mix all ingredients (minus the cauliflower) together in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Pour bowl into large skillet and cook on medium-high heat for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Serve over cauliflower rice (see below).
Instructions (Cauliflower Rice)
- Preheat your oven to 475 degrees.
- Chop off the stem of the cauliflower and then cut the rest of the head into smaller pieces.
- Using the fine side of a grater, grate the cauliflower pieces into the “rice,” collecting in a large bowl.
- Spread cauliflower rice over a baking sheet, and place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Flip once about mid-way through.
Do you like spicy food? What’s your favorite spicy Paleo recipe? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts with the community!