My wife and I are now almost halfway through our Whole30 Challenge and we’re feeling great! I know I feel more alert, my skin is super clear, and I have a lot more energy throughout the day. My wife has also seen and felt a lot of benefits, too!
One of the main reasons we’ve been able to stick to the Whole30 program and not cheat is our new best friend, the super-food known as the avocado!
We’re rediscovered our love of avocados because they’re a good source of dietary fats, they’re full of nutrients, they’re filling, and they make a great substitute for things like mayo. For example, check out this delicious recipe my wife threw together the other night:
- 1 whole chicken, preferably a pastured chicken
- 1 avocado
- Organic curry powder
- Organic red grapes
- Sea salt
Making the Chicken
- Rub the chicken in coconut oil or butter, and then roast in the oven at 425 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and let sit for another 30 to 45 minutes.
- Pull the chicken apart and shred the meat with two forks.
- Place shredded chicken in large covered bowl to store in the refrigerator.
Making the Salad
- Take a handful of chicken and place in a bowl.
- Cut up half of an avocado into small chunks and place into bowl.
- Sprinkle on curry powder and salt to taste.
- Mash everything together with a fork until avocado is like a paste.
- Cut a handful of grapes in half and place in bowl.
What are your favorite recipes that include avocados? What fun recipes have you thrown together? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts with the community!