This morning, I woke up and my wife said to me, “I really want pancakes!” While I had already prepared my breakfast smoothie the night before, I definitely wasn’t feeling it… so Paleo pancakes it was!
After searching for a bunch of different coconut flour pancake recipes, my wife threw caution to the wind and came up with the following:
- 1/2 cup of coconut flour
- 1 cup of whole milk
- 4 pastured eggs
- 2 tablespoons of raw honey
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- Glob of coconut oil to grease the griddle
- Mix all ingredients (not the coconut oil) in a large bowl and thoroughly mix together.
- While that’s going on, turn on the griddle and melt some coconut oil on it to grease the surface.
- Drop spoonful sized globs of batter onto the griddle. (This is the one I want to upgrade to.)
- Flip after a few minutes.
- Serve hot/warm with butter or ghee.
This was definitely a nice change of pace, and the pancakes were delicious!
Have you made Paleo pancakes before? Do you do it with coconut flour or almond flour? What’s your favorite Paleo breakfast? Leave your comment below and share with the community!
Disclosure: The opinions expressed above are 100% my own. This post contains links to an affiliate program, for which I receive a few cents if you make purchases. I am disclosing this in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”